[TowerTalk] Cost effective Tower height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cost effective Tower height
From: Wayne Crawford <resopkr@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 11:41:10 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

One of the parameters mentioned here has been towers on flat ground. What
effect does unlevel ground/elevation have on this? I live in the Mtn.s of VA.
My elevation is appox. 1400 ft and I live on top of a ridge that has a clear
360 degree view of the area. There are some ridges in view that are above my
elevation but they are far enough away that they should not be a factor.  I am
in the process of installing a 72ft free standing (US tower TX-472) crank up
with a 10 ft mast. Antenna will be a multiband Hex 20m-6m. The only close
obsticle (Across the road from my tower) is a Water tank that is 32ft high.

Thoughts? Advice?

Wayne C.
WV4L