Re: [TowerTalk] KENPRO KR-2000

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KENPRO KR-2000
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:54:50 -0500
I have been using a Kenpro KR2000 for years but it has finally
bit the dust. Some parts can been had from Yaesu who bought
out the Kenpro rotator line some years ago. Mine became somewhat
erratic a couple of years ago not rotating completely. But a tornado
this past Spring finally did it in and it has pieces bouncing around inside
the rotator. I haven't opened it up to check what is broken but I know
its not good. The plug on mine was avaiable from Yaesu for about
$35USD although the Yaesu equivalent (G2800) I think has switched to
a 6 pin plug..

I was rotating a tribander, 80M rotatable dipole and 2 el 40M yagi
with the KR2000. I've had mine since about 1981 (new).

73, Larry  W6NWS