Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:10:47 -0800 (PST)
And, when it's time to remove said bolts, the threadlocker can be released with
heat.  I use Loctite 242 high-strength threadlocker in HP automotive
applications, and it releases with heat from a propane torch. If that doesn't
work, I use a profane torch. ;)
vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:41:16 +0000
From: Barry N1EU

Yup, I'll go with Loctite (instead of anti-seize) and Nord-Lock
lockwashers.  I'd also go with a bolt head securing system, but I'm
not about to drill bolt heads and I don't see M8 bolts being available
with drilled heads.
I've purchased several lengths of M8 bolts in 5mm increments and will
use the longest bolts that will fit.
Thanks for all the helpful responses!!!
73, Barry N1EU