Re: [TowerTalk] Two tools to tighten PL-259 connector shells in tight ar

To: k3lr@k3lr.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two tools to tighten PL-259 connector shells in tight areas
From: "Gordon Beattie" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:42:26 -0500
Tim,
They seem to be the same tool and url.
Do I have it wrong?
73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T

-----Original message-----
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Sent: 2012 Jan, Wed, 4 17:26:01 GMT+00:00
Subject: [TowerTalk] Two tools to tighten PL-259 connector shells in tight
areas

A few months ago I asked a question on this reflector about tools that would
help tighten PL-259 connectors on remote coax switches, four square boxes,
stacking boxes, etc. Anywhere there is a tightly grouped cluster of SO-239
connectors - that makes getting channel locks or fingers in the "nest" to
insure the PL-259 shells are tight. It is even more problematic being on the
tower trying to get everything tight

N0AX suggested the first tool URL below - and then I found the second one on
the Amazon site. Both tools are pretty inexpensive.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014WIUQY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_f2

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PN88NC/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_p2

One of these tools goes straight on - the other has a bend for getting in
even tighter places. These tools are what I was looking for to do the job.

The only improvement would be these same two tools with a ratcheting "hold"
to grab the connector and stay "grabbed" until release.

I hope someone else can benefit from Ward's guidance.

73,

Tim K3LR