Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:54:28 -0500
I've got an 88ft that will load but with difficulty on 80m and it is mostly
a cloudwarmer on that band. I now use it on 80 and 160 by using the
windowline feed as a vertical and the 88ft wire as a loading hat with a
nice pattern. Actually is now inductive on 80m and will load on 160m as
well. Windowline is 50ft long and LDG Z11Pro2 is at base with buried coax
leading to shack.

I've had to manually switch it between vertical (160/80/60) and dipole
(60/40/30/20) modes until now. This week I'm installing a relay to allow
quick configuration from the shack.

Also adding a K9AY for 80/160 reception to the "farm."

Jim ab3cv