Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?

To: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:19:47 -0500
Hi Steve-
Yes, but.... There are so many variables The best answer all
depends............. switching to open wire and a tuner then adds the
question of tuner efficiency which is quite variable and some may tend to
ignnore it if it's built into their radio or amplifier. And some may only
want to operate in the PH or CW portion of the band, not both and some may
only want "local" contacts where 30 feet fine and others may want their
dipole 50,75, or 100 feet high for dx'ing. So, everyone needs to figure out
what's right for themseleves. Our objective should be to enumerate,  and try
to explain the importance of, the various choices.
Gene / W2LU