Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tubing Grease

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tubing Grease
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:36:34 -0800
I also use Penetrox on aluminum antennas.  I recently helped take down and
overhaul a KLM KT34 that
had been up for 18 years.  There was  ample corrosion to clean off on the
outside of the aluminum elements
from our San Francisco bay area environment but the elements came apart nicely
and the areas that were
treated with Penetrox we wiped clean with a rag and they were nice and shiny
just like new !  I have had the same
results on my antennas with Penetrox, great stuff.

Bob
K6UJ