Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 Mast Clamp

To: "'Charles Lind'" <cxl24@case.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 Mast Clamp
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:01:16 -0600
That is really strange.  I have a XM240 at 135 feet for 11 years.  It has
been hit by lightning twice and has had to be taken down both times and
reworked and put back up. I can't say I am aware of it ever moving at all.
During a hurricane back in 2005 the entire mast slipped in the T2X rotator
and had to be put back. I wonder if the mast you are using is especially
hard or something, so that the clamp can't get a good bite. We also had a
couple of these antennas down at 6D2X and they went through several storms
without ever slipping. There is got to be a reason for this...maybe you got
a bad clamp?

Bill W5VX