Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2ay@atmc.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:31:36 -0500 (EST)
>                     And  also if  you  plan on  several  antennas,
which
mast  you  will  need.
I  strongly  urge   you  to  stay  away  from  fence
pipe   as a mast
I  believe  the only  way  to   go is   use  Chromoly.

        There's a world of  difference between fence pipe, Schedule xx
pipe, etc. and chromoly. There's  a whole chapter in my book on masts.

        In my experience most of  the people who use chromoly tubing don't
need it and spend money needlessly on  it when some SAE 1026 or A520 tubing
will be sufficient.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and Champion Radio Products

PS - UP THE TOWER - The Complete Guide To Tower Construction is available
from _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com) . It's  jammed
with valuable information.