Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?

To: Andreas.Hofmann@microsoft.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Classifieds for towers?
From: dotravel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:03:36 -0500 (EST)
Yes, post a WTB (or will remove) on CL and just keep posting it every week.
Also get on the SSB and repeater nets in your area and get the word out.  Post
a WTB ad at your local HAM stores.  Mention that you will remove the tower and
antennas for free or at a minimal charge depending on the condition.

These days there are plenty of HAMs going SK and  their towers need a new home
-- usually they are free.  I found a 33' Tri-Ex that I added a homebrew  6'
5th section and 2' base to get up to 41' --- it is a great little tower, not
free but it was a good deal.

John NA6L San Diego