Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial for loops inside shack

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial for loops inside shack
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:18:51 -0800
  TFE insulated coax's offer the most power handling in the smallest
diameter.   For example, RG303/RG142 is rated 1900 volts rms, is
generally available surplus/ebay and PL259 crimp connectors are readily
available.  Either can handle legal limit on HF at modest SWRs.  These
coax's seem to be frequently sold with the same RG number for both
silver plated single and double braids.  RG304 is the next size up,
rated 5000 volts, but I have never seen it other than new and it is
pricey.  Connector availability is probably limited, I've never checked.

OTOH, BuryFlex is easy and cheap.  RG8X won't handle legal limit
continuous power.  For your in shack jumpers, loss is a minor problem at HF.

Many RG214 (double braid shielded RG213) jumpers are available on ebay
as cell system pulls, almost always with N connectors.  The fact that it
is used in cell systems attests to its excellent performance.

see
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-RG-214-24-RF-Coaxial-Jumper-Cable-N-m-/360434510906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eb922c3a

Grant KZ1W