Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:03:06 -0500
>   From that chart, 26ft would be a **good choice** to avoid problems on
> every band except 17m.

I just start out at the top with about 3', then 6' then 12', etc... give
or take.  IE, I never have measured them.  The top tier come away so
steep I doubt they have much effect. by the time they are of significant
lengthy they are well away from the antennas. Then again, I've not used
conductive guys in over a decade. OTOH I hang 160, 75, and 40 meter
slopers off the tower about 12 to 15 feet below the tribander and 30
feet below the 7L 6-meter Yagi.

73

Roger (K8RI)