Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:45:57 -0800
On 3/6/12 9:28 AM, David Gilbert wrote:

> I suspect it is quite significant for some locations.  There are folks
> here in the west who live in long, rather deep almost V-shaped canyons
> and I'd bet that skews their actual results quite a bit.
>
> 73,
> Dave   AB7E

then we'll wait for someone to write a free raytracing code for HF that
does 3D...<grin>

This is why I like to run HFTA (and similar programs) with several
different locations moving a bit.  if you have the "narrow ridge or
valley that happens to parallel a radial" scenario, it shows up pretty
quickly.