Re: [TowerTalk] Hy- Gain Thunderbird

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy- Gain Thunderbird
From: Mike Newman <mnewman@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:54:32 +1300
Hi all

Looks like there are  a few models called Thunderbird.

The one I'm enquiring about has a diagram entitled

TH11DX 5 band (14 - 30 MHz) Super Thunderbird Yagi Antenna.

It has 11 elements.  It's probably a log-periodic in part with other
elements interleaved, all on a 24 ft long boom.

An operator here has one, and we are using it as an example in an
planning dispute.

Can any one on this list tell me approximately when this antenna was
first marketed, and whether the design has changed over the years?

73 de miken,   zl1bnb