Re: [TowerTalk] Hy- Gain Thunderbird

To: "Grant Saviers" <grants2@pacbell.net>, "Mike Newman" <mnewman@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy- Gain Thunderbird
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:46:31 -0400
Hi Grant -
I believe that your TH-7 is a tribander with a dual driven element to give
broader band coverage. The TH-11 definitely has an LP cell that covers all
of 10m-20m, plus reflectors and directors, with some traps, which are not
within the driven LP cell. The TH-11 has slightly less gain than the TH-6
and TH-7, but does cover the WARC bands, with only a little more weight,
wind load, and turning radius than the TH-7. Mechanically most of the
hardware is in common with the "Thunderbirds".
Gene / W2LU