Re: [TowerTalk] protective hose for COAX runs

To: <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] protective hose for COAX runs
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:09:56 -0400
I use to live in an area where the ground was comprised of a little dust and
90% shale. I had two towers on 60' from th house and one 120 ft. obviously
laying on the ground was not acceptable. There was a pluming distributer that I
stopped to get info on who he used to trench there water lines. I got that but
he also pointed out a problem with the shale and control lines.  I bought 100'
and 250 ft rolls of 1 1/2" PVC well tubing.  and had NO trouble. This product
comes in various size and is 'IMO could survive a critter infested  install on
the ground, is reasonable priced. I use this ay my present location. for the
underground control lines and there exposed  above ground between the exit and
the sema box at the base of each tower.I have had exposed coax and rotor and
switch lines chewed when the exited the sema box but the PVC well pipe was
untouched YMMV Wayne W3EA