Re: [TowerTalk] another grounding reference MIL-HDBK-419A

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] another grounding reference MIL-HDBK-419A
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:48:24 -0700
I was looking for the work that one of my  professors (Paul L. Hoover)
was purported to have patented and made millions from - protection of
oil well fields and oil storage systems from lightning.  I couldn't find
that (probably too ancient) but did find the MIL handbook and some
publications on the oil field/storage protection.  Seems like that is a
very big business.  Your suggestion about sharp bends and corona
reduction occurred to me but I didn't see any "sharp bends" guidance in
my quick scans of the petroleum related papers.  It seems that volatile
gases are prevalent in such facilities.

Grant KZ1W