[TowerTalk] 80' insulated mast

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80' insulated mast
From: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:56:21 -0400
Hi,
I want to build an antenna for a Field Day or any other occasion, like
going far away from my noisy house and enjoying low bands.
The antenna I have in mind is 3 element delta loops for 80m band.
Yes - 80 meters delta loops. Yes - three of them in a for of a pyramid.
To hold all of that I need non-conductive mast about 80 feet high.

What materials I better use?
My original intent was to try 3" or 4" PVC/ABS pipes aka white and black
plastic pipes used in plumbing.
I can glue-in some inserts to connect pipes of the same diameter and put a
few levels of guy ropes.
This noodle suppose to hold 750' of copper wire...
Am I crazy and that thing gonna break? Should I telescope it like starting
with 6" at the bottom and and go all the way to 2" at the very top?

Speaking of insulated: I thought I can use aluminum telescoped tubes, but
how do I electrically break whole mast apart in a couple of places to be
almost non-conductive?
Another option is to use 4' military sections, but I am not sure how 20 of
them gonna behave.

Alex K2BB