Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention
From: <mike@n1ta.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:42:15 -0700
>Very interesting, but that side mount version bothers me rather a lot.
>No matter how strong the rotator itself may or may not be, I find it
>difficult to believe that a single leg clamp like that wouldn't simply
>twist around on the leg. People have such problems even when using much
>larger clamping surfaces on two inch diameter masts with less leverage
>than a side mount would have.

Well, it isn't a very good picture of it, but on further inspection, it
looks like there is a third clamp on the second leg of the tower via an
outrigger. But I did have to look twice. Nonetheless, I'm trying to
picture it with 2+ inches of New England ice on it. The arms look
awfully long, and that plate the box is mounted on looks awfully thin
compared to the load it is meant to support. I guess I'll have to see
this one in person.

Mike N1TA