Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:52:04 -0700
Well, I took a really hard look at that picture and it's difficult to
tell what exactly that bar might be.  The text doesn't describe it, so I
guess we'd just have to wait for someone who has seen one in person to
tell us.  If it's sturdy enough it might keep the mount from spinning on
the leg.

I still think that the up/down torque would be a real problem, though,
and the bar would do nothing to mitigate that.  I've seen my 100 pound
OB16-3 whip up and down like crazy on my tower and it doesn't come close
to being 25 square feet and 36 feet long.  A side mount with leverage
like this one would most likely be just a really expensive shear pin
with that kind of antenna on it.

73,
Dave   AB7E