Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 21:22:25 -0400
Bill,

> According to the program the BIP and BOP at these heights cover EU,
> SA and US pretty well if I BIP/BOP.

Don't pay any attention to the elevation statistics for 6 meters from
HFTA.  In a private e-mail exchange with Dean some time ago, he pointed
out that there are no elevation statistics in the program for Six -
what you see are actually the *Ten* Meter statistics and they *are not*
accurate for typical Es on six.

Effectively, F2 openings are so "rare" that VOCAP does not generate
usable elevation statistics ... most of the six meter openings are Es,
TEP, etc.

You may also find it useful to read material from W7GJ and others on
EME with "fixed" elevation antennas.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV