Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel PST-61 or PST-2051

To: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel PST-61 or PST-2051
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 11:35:55 -0400
Yes Jim, and how many missions it had flown before it saw it's first ham use
? My first ppm was still in a wooden crate ready to be shipped back overseas
after having been rebuilt by GE. Another had a complete Curtis Wright
service manual with it, along with a service tech's repair record/notes
including instructions regarding how many allowed, and how to repair, bullet
holes in the prop blades !

As long as they are properly sealed and  lubricated, which guys like Kurt
know how to take of - and/or see his notes, available on line.  The only
thing  I've ever seen to "wear out" are the brushes. And that was probably
because I ran one on AC (now of course DC).

Gene / W2LU