[TowerTalk] Diamond X510HDM Matching network

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Diamond X510HDM Matching network
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:52:39 -0400
Anyone ever have the matching network apart on one of these.

The one on the North side of my shop failed recently.   I have no idea
what happened other than when I went to use it night before last the
local repeater which is only 6 miles NE was barely audible.  SWR was sky
high.  Everything out tot he antenna appeared to be fine. So I swapped
it out with the spare and SWR is now good and repeater is full scale on
the receiver.

I pulled the sheath off and the elements appear to be fine.

BTW my max power from the shop is 50 watts on 2-meters, although that
antenna is rated for more than 300.

73

Roger (K8RI)