Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol 83-1SP

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol 83-1SP
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bob,

The DXE part is silver-plated w/ Teflon insulation.  The Amphenol part you
mentioned (83-1SP-15RFX is nickel-plated with mica-filled phenolic insulation.
I'll stick with the DXE part.

I'm far from rich but, in the bigger picture as far as cost is concerned, we're
talking peanuts.  It would matter if I had an on-going need.  It doesn't
because I don't. But, thanks anyway.  I bought from DXE 'cuz they're small
compared to Mouser, they're hams, and they have the best deal on the coax I was
looking for (DXE400MAX-500).

The other connector I mentioned (Amphenol 83-58FCP-RFX) is the best I've found
for RG-58.  It's perfect for Field Day.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower