[TowerTalk] Alpha Spid

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alpha Spid
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:50:37 -0500
Just had a new Alpha Spid rotor installed in my Rohn 45G tower at 96ft
and it rotated about 280 degrees before stopping.  I have been working
with Jeff at Green Heron and we ran a battery of tests assuring that the
controller was working properly.  It appears that the rotor is binding
on a tower leg (?) but I cannot see from the ground and I am disabled
and unable to climb.  Has anyone else ever experienced a problem getting
the Alpha Spid to turn in a Rohn 45G top section?  Thanks for any help.

Chuck  KØTVD
www.dxham.net