Re: [TowerTalk] Alpha Spid

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alpha Spid
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 23:04:42 +0000
The portion of the Alfa Spid that rotates is just the pipe coupler with the
bolts that pin to the mast.  This is well inside all of the other parts of
the rotor so it seems highly unlikely that the rotor could bind on any
portion of the tower.  It is much more likely that something is eccentric
about the how the antenna mast is coupled to the rotor and therefore
causing it to bind.  Make sure that the voltage you are using and cable
 resistance isn't starving the motor from having enough torque to overcome
a small bit of binding.

73 Don
VE6JY