[TowerTalk] Crane release from tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crane release from tower?
From: "John Harper" <john@ae5x.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:53:15 -0500
Please pardon the dumb question...I'm on new turf:

In a couple weeks, a crane will be coming to raise 30 feet of Rohn 25 tower (in
one piece) onto the existing 20 feet already in the ground. How does the crane
normally release from the section to which it's attached? That point will now
be 50 feet high and I know taller towers are raised this way.

Is the tower attached to the crane by the hook, which falls away once there is
no longer a load on it or is there some other way (short of climbing up there
to untie)?

Tnx/73,

John AE5X
The tower in progress: