Re: [TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:22:40 -0700
And here's another version that might help:

http://www.delcowire.com/pdf/4-11.pdf

By the way, I remember when Andrew changed the nomenclature on some of
their Heliax versions to add the "A" suffix.  The trouble is, I don't
remember exactly what that reason was.  ;)   I do remember, though, that
it was a pretty minor difference and that it was mostly for
administrative reasons from Andrew's end.

Lastly, over the years several hams have come up with various ways to
use brass plumbing fittings, small diameter brass tubing (for the pins),
and copper tubing (for sleeves) to make low cost connectors and splices
for Heliax cables and even aluminum hardline.  Some sizes lend
themselves more readily to this than others, but with a little thought I
was able to come up with schemes that looked good on paper for pretty
much everything up to LDF-4.5 (5/8" cable).   I've never tried it, but
I'm pretty sure that copper plumbing reducers might adapt those sizes of
cable to the connector schemes I came up with for the smaller cables.

73,
Dave   AB7E