[TowerTalk] Looking for thoughts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for thoughts
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:49:17 -0400
I'm thinking of mounting a tuner up on the tower to feed the 160 half
sloper (single wire) as well as the 75 meter fan dipole and 40 meter
sloping dipole with ladder line, so I'll need to add a few relays to
switch antennas.

This can be a simple manual tuner, remotely driven with air variables
and a switched inductor, or vacuum variable and a rotary inductor, or
even one of the MFJ 998RT auto tuners. If I build it, I'd much prefer a
tuner that handles single and parallel wire without using a balun

Unfortunately the 998RT only has a single wire and coax output. I can
work around that and *apparently*, or at least some think it'd handle
all the way up to 2500 PEP.

Of course there is the problem with lightning and remote tuners mounted
at or near the top of the tower.  Grounding relays could be added.

73

Roger (K8RI)