Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor mounting plate orientation

To: "'Tom Davis'" <tdavis@whidbey.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor mounting plate orientation
From: "Dave Cook" <wa0ttn@netdave.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:04:02 -0700
The last time I mounted my rotator at the top of my "rocket top" ears-up was
the only way it would work to allow enough room for the rotator. My latest
installation has the rotator at the bottom of the rocket-top and I mounted
it ears-down for a couple of reasons. One is that it gives me an extra inch
or so of height, which with my modest tower I need every inch I can get, and
the other is I've always kind of had the thought that with the ears down
water is less likely to pool on the plate and seep underneath the rotator.
But as others have said, I don't think it makes much difference either way.
Just make sure you put the rotator on the top side of the plate, HI HI.

73, Dave WA0TTN