Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:23:05 -0400 (EDT)
I assume you don't live in the lightning capitol of North America, central
FL.  I understand very well about lightning and static build up as do
others who have posted here.  I have three 199.99 footers as well as  several
other smaller ones.  Unless you live in an area of little t-storm  activity
you have been very lucky.  Having a lightning hit your tower is  not if, but
when.

I have spoken to several EEs who work at the local surge protection mfg
company and since I have followed their advice I have had no damage even
though  the towers have been hit over the summer.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 9/17/2012 2:53:22 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,