Re: [TowerTalk] Wire for prop pitch?

To: "Frank" <frankkamp@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire for prop pitch?
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:11:45 -0800
Frank wrote:
> Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:

> #4?  Is that a typo?  Seems a little bodacious for open wire line.
> Weight should be okay since it is aluminum.

No.  I originally had the shack 1000 feet from the low
band vertical.  It's nice to have 0.1 dB loss over 1000 feet
of line on 160 meters.  They don't really sell aluminum much
smaller than #4.  The light weight is great for suspending
it.  I have been extremely pleased with this line.

BTW, 5 inch spacing gives me 450 ohms. You have to account
for the XHHW insulation.  Adds about an inch to the spacing
vs bare wire.

Rick N6RK