Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted l or full wave loop

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted l or full wave loop
From: "Jim in Waco WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq_1@grandecom.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 09:39:04 -0800
I have what is reported to be a good legal limit tuner that I use with an 80 meter dipole fed with window line. Dentron model MT-3000A. It will even tune the beam to work on 6 but too poorly to hear or transmit. I just want the best bang for the buck! Looks like the area I am wishing to get in has lots of very tall pine trees most over 50'. In Parkland it is called Pine Tree Estates with all lots over 1 acre and no hoa and horses allowed so maybe antennas might be also. If allowed I will probably put up a crank up tower 50' or more and put a good triband beam on it. I am partial to the Force 12 antennas having used one for a long time. They recommend a model with 3 elements on 20, 3 elements on 15 and 5 elements on 10 with a single feedline. No traps. A 40 meter dipole can be added also. I will get a motorized tower and only raise it when in use keepint it at 20' when not used.

---- Jim in Waco WB5OXQ <wb5oxq_1@grandecom.net> wrote:
When I do move to south Florida and if I have to use a wire antenna for all bands which would be better considering plentyfull tall trees what are the pros or cons of using an inverted L, a half wave dipole fed with window line, or a full wave loop also fed with window line? I will try to make sure of at least a 1 acre lot to have plenty of room. I really want to work all hf bands, 160-6 with one antenna unless I al lucky enough to get up a tower for a beam. I am sure someone has been there and done that. Or would a vertical be better? I have really never like verticals because they seem more noise prone to me. I hear south Florida has good soil conductivity or did i hear wrong. I am talking Broward county not Miami.