Re: [TowerTalk] Earthing a tower

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Earthing a tower
From: Michael Mraz <mike.n6mz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 18:33:23 +0000
My dear old SK friend Al Caplan, who used to manage the Hy-Gain amateur division when it was part of Telex, was emphatic about proper grounding when I bought my HG-52 crankup. He said that lightning could split the concrete around the re-bar if the tower took a direct strike. It was a long time ago, but my recollection was that this nasty event actually occurred to some unfortunate ham who had to abandon the old foundation and install a new one in a different location.

73  Mike  N6MZ