[TowerTalk] Elementary Rx protection question

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elementary Rx protection question
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:57:51 -0500
Do back-to-back diodes across a receiving antenna degrade receiver performance before they begin to conduct? what I'm considering is back-to-back series strings of diodes to limit RF voltage at the front end of an SDR. My working assumption is that the conduction threshold could be set below the damage level but above the ADC clipping level, but if it affects performance before the ADC clips then that's no good.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at