[TowerTalk] Decisions made on my Tower/Antenna project

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Decisions made on my Tower/Antenna project
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:30:24 -0700
OK, I ordered the Force 12 6BA today and not the Steppir.  For those not
keeping up with the many twists and turns, I finally decided on my original
choice from way back when after carefully looking at various installation
issues.  For my remote location, where I can't really count on a lot of
help, I just decided that the Steppir (which I still really like) was just
too complex for me to successfully deploy.

The Force 12 will not be wholly easy, either, but the instructions look
very easy to follow and if I line all the holes up, it should go up with a
minimum of fuss.

As a nice bonus, the current delay on the Force 12 build process is brief
and I should have the antenna out at the shack as early as next week.
Construction looks reasonably idiot proof, a good thing, and there's no
controller to deal with.

Now to order the tilt-plate from NN4ZZ.

Meanwhile, my long delayed electrical works is done.  There is power to the
tower now and my grounding system is pretty well complete.

Larry Wo0Z