[TowerTalk] Refitting existing concrete base

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Refitting existing concrete base
From: Jack Berry <we5st@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:43:45 -0800 (PST)
Question: Does anyone have knowledge or experience adding concrete to an
existing base to increase the mass and adding new anchor  bolts? Bolts
would have to be drilled and epoxied in the resulting base??

I have a substantial base for an existing tower, ~ 2.7 yds of concrete. It's in
use with a guyed 60' GM aluminum tower.
I will replace this tower with a USTower 72' crankup that needs a 5x5x8 ft cube
of concrete with different & more anchor placements.
Current base is 5ft x 5ft x 6" pad on top of a 42"x6' deep cylinder of
concrete. All is tied together with rebar, one pour.

God Bless & 73!
Jack - WE5ST