Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower/antenna question

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower/antenna question
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:27:01 -0500
Hi Jim -

For supporting those collapsible masts for portable operation I've found that an old shovel handle, sharpened at one end, driven into the ground, and used with a couple of hose clamps, makes a convenient support post. Just a short post, a rock or hatchet to do the pounding, and a couple of hose clamps or some small rope. Fence posts and motel deck railings are also often available.

At first I liked your idea of Velcro to hold the wire to the mast but then I realized you couldn't collapse the mast with the Velcro on it. I just use a little electrical tape and throw it away when it's time to pack up.

Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>