[TowerTalk] Latest Tower Woe -- Short I can't fathom

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Latest Tower Woe -- Short I can't fathom
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:02:00 -0800
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:41:20 -0700
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

I'm struggling with my remote control (aka "remote head") on my tower. I
have yet to raise it and it's now a real issue.

Here's the thing: I had carefully (or so I thought) wired from the tower
to the shack. When I applied power to the remote unit, I got a short severe
enough to blow the fuse. I originally thought the fuse somehow came that
way (maybe in transit?) so I blew a second fuse proving the problem was
real.

##  Did the REMOTE control box ever work at any time.... or is it a dud right
from the get go ??

##  can you still raise AND /OR  lower the tower using the control box at the
base of the tower ?

##  are you sure you have the remote control cable terminated correctly at the
tower end ?

Jim  VE7RF