[TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:03:15 -0000
Good afternoon gentlemen,

A 100 metre(325ft)drum of 75ohm, 25mm(1 inch) diameter coax, and the
appropriate connectors, has been donated to my GM project, for which I am
very grateful.

I am considering using this coax as one of the feeders buried to a
distribution point out in "the aerial field". My question is, from the
groups experience, would I notice any serious difference in the aerial
matching etc, between the use of 50 ohm and 75 ohm coax at HF.

I have yet to set up a practical experiment, to measure the loss etc.
using differing resistive terminations, but that will be done when the
cable is unwound, before the cable is installed.

I would appreciate your thoughts/experience.

Sincerely, John, G3JVC/GM3JVC.