Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Thrust bearings

To: "Hans Hammarquist" <hanslg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Thrust bearings
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 16:06:02 -0000
Hans,

I believe that sort of adaptation, together with hand rotation of the
antenna by means of a chain drive and an old car steering wheel above the
operating position, the antenna aloft, on an old wooden water tower, was
in use, in the USA, back in the late 1940's........how things have
changed.

73, John. G3JVC/GM3JVC.