Re: [TowerTalk] Large Tower Base

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Large Tower Base
From: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 23:05:38 -0500
On Mar 6, 2013, at 9:33 PM, Wilson Lamb wrote:

Lots of wasted bandwidth here!
Patrick is obviously one of the very few among us with knowhow and resources to
get outside the box!
---------
I’d agree, however, that the proposed foundation piers sound a little small.

The last little tower I had anything to do with did not use just piers. I
forget exact numbers, so I'll make up stuff.

The 340' self support, Rohn SS base leg spread was 36'. A 40' something foot
square hole was dug, 15' or more deep.

A rebar box cage filled the bottom 3 or 4 feet, tied into three vertical cages
up to grade. "Sono" tubes were placed over the

vertical cages and 40 some yards of concrete later. Don't think just piers in a
hole......

http://www.sonotube.com/products.aspx