Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antenna comparisons

To: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antenna comparisons
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:56:33 -0400
Hi Steve,

I have not used either of these yagis -- mine is a HB 7 el on a 22' boom -- so here is my opinion. (And remember, my opinion is free -- probably what it is worth.)

Since forward gain is a strong function of antenna length in wavelengths -- and if I remember, doubling the length adds 3 dB in gain -- the CC theoretically will have more forward gain. Perhaps 1 dB? HOWEVER -- more elements allows the antenna designer to tailor the pattern better, so 7 elements might allow M2 to improve Front-to-rear and sidelobes, making that one quieter and giving a better S/N to your wanted signal.

My opinion -- it really will depend on the pattern. Try to find some patterns for these two and compare them. My GUESS is to go with the M2. And remember, I have no experience with either of these two yagis.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>