Re: [TowerTalk] the future of antenna and tower inspection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] the future of antenna and tower inspection
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:44:14 -0700
On 4/14/13 12:12 PM, K1TTT wrote:
Well, except for the part where I chase the dog around the yard that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIfhRzGo8uI

As long as it's not too windy, these work well.. The other issue I've had is that the WiFi range isn't as good as I would like, but I think that's more of an interference issue (with the zillions of home access points around me). I haven't figured out yet how to put a directional antenna in the system (not like my iPad has a antenna connector)

I'd love to figure out a way to put a very low mass field strength receiver on one and send the output back to the ground. Measure the pattern in-situ...

(and I'll bet you've had the experience of hitting a tree branch or leaves)