Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: the future of antenna and tower inspection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: the future of antenna and tower inspection
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:38:56 -0700

I think the biggest problem with a balloon or kite is that you're totally at the mercy of the wind. At least a copter tries to hold it's GPS position if the winds are not too bad. The demo video I've seen of the OctoCopter makes it look like it has power to spare to overcome some pretty strong winds, assuming the wind speed doesn't change too fast (gusts) for the reaction time of the system.

73,
Dave   AB7E