Re: [TowerTalk] Distributed tower loads

To: Gary Johnson <gwj@spamcop.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Distributed tower loads
From: Scott <scottw3tx@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 22:43:20 -0400
Distributed tower loads are complex in nature. A full analysis requires
information about the foundation soil, the foundation, the tower,
antennas, your QTH's specific TIA-G parameters, the International Building
Code, etc. My recommendation is to develop your basic idea then hire a
licensed PE to perform the structural analysis. They are uniquely
qualified to perform the analysis and make changes to your project to
bring it into compliance. Then you can pay them to apply a PE stamp to the
project, which you will surely need for permitting, zoning, and liability
purposes.

73, Scott W3TX