Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding of tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding of tower
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:48:18 -0700
On 5/10/2013 5:57 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
Actually, we CANNOT use the EARTH as a conductor for AC power either  --
the resistance is far too high to carry enough current.

Not true - see my prior post.

This statement is in conflict both with physical reality AND nearly all building codes. I suggest that you study the National Electric Code, which has been adopted as the LAW governing electrical installations nearly everywhere in North America, and those local jurisdictions that have their own codes have the same provisions with respect to using the EARTH as a conductor. Further, all of these codes prohibit use the the Green wire, or any part of the conduit system, to carry load current.

73, Jim K9YC.