[TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 06:36:22 -0700
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 17:11:14 -0700
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

  I was concerned that where the cables touch the W
bracing the lube might detour off, but not so much.  I could spray until
the lube ran down 5 to 10'.  Did this for every cable on that face, and
then I repositioned the boom lift lower, doing each tower side top to
bottom.  A bit of lube foam marked the end of where the lube ran down
the cables, but it is quite easy to lose track of what is saturated.

##  None of the cables should be touching the W bracing at any time !

I've read a bunch of wire rope manufacturers literature, plus the
infinite loop reflector posts, and became convinced  lubricating the
cables with Prelube 6 is the way to go.  Seeing how dry the cables were,
and the bird crap already stuck on them, reinforced this as the right
decision for me.  I'll do it again in three years or so.

Grant KZ1W

##  I would do it at least once per year..and probably twice per year.
One of the posters  put a link to a url a few days ago...and the
recommendation in the wire rope industry was that even a bit of pre-lube
6-9-11  on a frequent basis is a lot better than a thorough job done
infrequently.
IMO, 3 years is way too infrequent.

Jim  VE7RF