Re: [TowerTalk] Spid RAK-1 Rotor Reed Switch?

To: "Jerry Gardner" <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spid RAK-1 Rotor Reed Switch?
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:02:32 -0700
Jerry Gardner wrote:

>> bench yet, I think I need to replace the reed switch. It is showing
>> about
>> 780 Ohms and will not show any pulses.
>>
>>     TNX es 73,  Fred  KG9X

I can't imagine any failure mechanism that would make a reed
switch look like 780 ohms all the time.  I suggest you investigate
other possibilities like a bad cable, etc.  If you told me it
pulsed, but had a high resistance, I would try pulsing it with
a high current like 100 mA to see if there was oxide on the contacts,
etc.

Rick N6RK