Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector (K8RI) Response from DAVIS RF Co.(Gold v

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector (K8RI) Response from DAVIS RF Co.(Gold vs. Silver
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 13:12:42 -0400
On 8/11/2013 12:28 PM, Jerry Gardner wrote:
Here's an excellent technical paper related to the use of silver for
connector applications:

I've always gone with the idea that the only reason for using gold is mechanical stability where repeated use of the connector is likely, such as jumpers in the station,

http://www.te.com/documentation/whitepapers/pdf/Ag_use_connectors_503-1016.pdf

Very good paper and explanations.

73

Roger (K8RI)